This tutorial by CG Fast Track is an excellent tutorial if you are completely new to Blender. Also the audio and the pace are good, so that why this tutorial here. There is an interesting intro, but if you want to skip intro’s start at 2:12. This, in case you cannot wait to learn working with Blender. There, the video explains the 3D view first. That’s a wise decision, because it’s the most essential part of Blender. Next, the video shows how to build blocks on top of each other. Halfway the video it is about properties, lighting and HDRI. And the last part covers materials, multi-selection and duplication. Here the Blender 2.9 Beginner Tutorial – Part 1 video:
Other resources to start with
Next to the Blender 2.9 Beginner Tutorial – Part 1 tutorials, there are loads of other places to start. Here a few examples:
- Blender 2.8 fundamentals (Blender)
- Nine simple Blender Projects (CGCookie)
- 121 Coaching if you need more support.
There are way more resources, but this gives you a head start.
Tips when starting with Blender
Next to watching this Blender 2.9 Beginner Tutorial – Part 1 tutorials the following tips:
- Blender has quite a high learning curve. Therefore set the expectations a bit lower.
- Learn bit by bit but every day. Meanwhile have other activities as well. That way you don’t pressure to much.
- Save time by not doing things that cost to much time. For example checking social media every half an hour.
- When watching a tutorial, pause it frequently and try it or at least memorize it. Because you don’t learn Blender by just watching.
- Repeat until it’s in your muscle memory. Or in other words repeat until you don’t have to think about it.
- Consider to specialize in something. This because the development of Blender is so fast, that it’s impossible to follow it all.